Anzo USA Headlights
Anzo USA is one of the most popular manufacturers of custom headlights, tail lights and auxiliary lights for cars, trucks and SUVs. The majority of lighting solutions by Anzo feature plug-and-play installation, however there are cases when you will need to deal with basic wiring processes. When shopping for Anzo lighting for your vehicle, make sure to select the right product for the specific year, make and model.
Also, always pay attention to fitment notes to make sure you are getting the lights that will focus right. For instance, if your vehicle comes equipped with factory LED or HID bulbs, make sure the description says that the headlights are compatible with them.
Anzo USA Headlight Types
With a variety of headlight types, design options and different lighting sources available these days, Anzo uses multiple approaches and technologies to meet the needs and expectations of the American car owners. Here is the list of the most popular headlights by Anzo with explanations.
- Anzo Euro headlights are aftermarket headlights that resemble the stock lights in shape and design. These lights are shipped to the customers without bulbs, as they are designed to work with the original bulbs.
- U-Bar headlights by Anzo feature built-in U-shaped LED accent. The lineup by Anzo are available with black or chrome-plated housing and with clear or tinted (smoked) exterior lens.
- Plank Style headlights by Anzo feature horizontal LED strips that highlight the shape of the bottom part of the lights. Plank style headlights are available in black, chrome and smoke versions.
- LED headlights by Anzo feature different variants of designs, and differ greatly depending on the year, make and model they are made for. The key feature of Anzo LED headlights is LED accents.
- Anzo Halo headlights feature one or 2 built-in halo rings. These lights are available with chrome or black background and clear or tinted lens. Anzo offers their lights with both LED and CCFL halos. Type of the halos is specified for every halo set.
- Anzo Switchback headlights feature accents that normally operate as DRLs and glow white. But when you turn on your turn signal, these accents turn amber and flash like a turn signal.
- Anzo Sequential headlight feature a built-in LED strip in each headlight. This strip operates as a turn signal which moves, as the number of LEDs that glow changes, which looks like the strip moves along the headlight.
- Sealed Beam headlights by Anzo, as well as the sealed headlights by the other brands, are headlight housing with built-in bulbs. One cannot disassemble these lights to remove or replace the bulb.
Anzo Lighting Products
Other than headlights, Anzo offers a variety of other automotive lighting products for the most popular vehicle applications in the U.S. Here are some of them:
- Tail lights;
- 3rd brake lights;
- Turn signals;
- Universal off-road lights;
- LED bars for off-road trucks;
- Fog lights;
- Mirror turn signals;
- Side markers;
- and more!
Access our store as a guest!
Anzo Manufacturing & Design
To comply with the needs and requirements of the modern aftermarket, Anzo uses numerous tools and technologies to design and manufacture products, that will meet the expectations and requirements of the buyers and supervising authorities. Here is how specialists at Anzo work on the aftermarket lighting solutions for the most popular cars, trucks and SUVs in America.
|1. Design stage|
|For OE-style parts, Anzo USA uses reverse engineering to get the parameters needed to run CAD.||For custom-style aftermarket parts, Anzo USA uses the pre-specified parameters designed by qualified in-house engineers along with certain parameters obtained from reverse engineering to run CAD.|
|When the parameters are obtained and verified, Anzo runs CAD with further photometric (optical) simulation. Next, they conduct mold flow analysis. Next, they create an RP model in order to test its fit on a real car. If the test is OK, Anzo moves the manufacturing process to the mold develop stage.|
|2. Mold Develop Stage|
|CAM CNC file transfer. This means transfer of the design file to the format that can be recognized by the CNC machine.||Once CNC machine receives the design file, it starts running in order to develop the mold.|
|3. Environmental Test Stage|
|Anzo runs a series of in-house tests required to pass the SAE test and make sure the products meet CAPA requirements. The test includes the following stages:
- Bulb spec inspection;
- LED static test (for lights equipped with LEDs);
- Abrasion test;
- Humidity dissipation test;
- Rain test;
- Vibration test;
- Salt spray test;
- Temperature test;
- Dust test;
- Electricity and wiring Test
- Package test.
|4. Photometric Test Stage|
|The aim of photometric stage is to assure quality light output of the headlights designed by Anzo. Using photometric equipment, Anzo performs official photometric tests and issues a report for E-Mark and CAPA. The main aim of the test is to check the compliance of luminance (cd or lux) and saturation to adjust the function of each light.|
|5. Production Stage|
|Once the newly designed headlight assembly passes all the tests successfully, it is approved for series production. The production consists of several steps and includes operation of multiple mechanisms to manufacture quality headlights, tail lights and auxiliary lighting for the most popular vehicle applications in America.|
|Injection machine||Forms and molds the parts for further assembly.|
|Polycarbonate coating||Hardens the headlight shell with protective layer that prevents it from fading, UV and mechanical damages.|
|Tempering machine||Relieves the machine stress within the plastic parts of a headlight.|
|Gluing machine||Uses programmable machine that does gluing job to combine parts of the light assembly|
|Photometric test||Ensures the fact, that the lamp meets CD requirements and allow certain adjustments if needed.|
|Optical axis test||Each assembly passes this test to make sure the light focuses properly.|
Anzo Fog Lights: Overview
Anzo is one of the leading manufacturers of aftermarket lighting in the U.S., so they offer not only headlights, but also custom fog lights for the most popular makes and models. In their selection, Anzo has a variety of styles and designs of fog lights. The simplest fog lights feature the same design as stock fog lights.
Access our store as a guest!
When marked as ‘euro’ in the product description, fog lights do not have the bulbs in the kit and are supposed to be used with the OE bulbs. Projector fog lights feature a built-in projector lens in each fog light. It ensures precise focusing. Though, it is a must to adjust the fog lights properly to benefit from them in rainy or foggy weather.
How to adjust Anzo halo headlights?
Anzo strongly recommends adjusting headlights once they are installed on the vehicle. It’s fair to say, that all aftermarket headlights are adjusted the same way. Each light assembly has got adjustment screws at the back. The light direction is adjusted by rotating these screws.
Steven is a certified mechanic and technical writer at Halo Headlights. Steven is excited about fast cars, loud music and car mods. On yearly basis he visits SEMA, as well as other car shows. He has installed thousands of HID and LED kits and did hundreds of custom headlight retrofit projects. Now, he is ready to share his experience with HaloHeadlights.com readers. If you have questions to Steven, just ask your question using the form.
Anzo Headlights Reviews
Submit your review
Bought a set of U halo head lights for almost $500, they came with a year warranty and 1 month into having them in my truck one of the light bulbs had gone out already. Then literally 1 year and 6 days after I had purchased the set the U halo on the right light went out so I call them up to see about getting a new bulb and come to find out that the U light is not replaceable and you must purchase a new set but the customer service agent told me that since it is right after the warranty is up he would be able to get me at least a replacement for the one side. So, I got the light replaced, now everything works fine.
Bought headlights, not happy with product as they were to dim to drive with at night. Tried to put LED bulbs but hole diameter was much to small. Had to buy Sylvania light bulbs instead.
I installed U-Bar headlights on my F-150 truck and totally like the way they look. They are very different from all stock and aftermarket headlights I've seen so far!